“Radcliffe Chambers has a number of fine performers on its books.”
Commercial Chancery section, Chambers UK
Representing the business interests of clients is a substantial part of the work of Radcliffe Chambers. Members of Chambers draw from a broad base of experience in Chancery work, spanning the other areas of Chambers’ expertise: from company law and insolvency to banking, partnership disputes and interests in land.
The vast majority of Chambers’ commercial work concerns the law relating to contracts: their formation, meaning, performance, breach and enforcement. These disputes may arise either in a purely commercial context, or as part of more complex matters.
Members of Chambers appear in commercial cases in the Chancery and Queen’s Bench Divisions, as well as the Technology and Construction Court, Commercial Court, Mercantile Courts, and on appeal. We are also instructed in arbitrations and to represent the interests of clients engaged in mediation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution. Members also advise on a range of matters arising out of contractual and commercial disputes, as well as the drafting of agreements themselves.
The international nature of disputes gives rise to questions as to the proper law governing a contract, and the jurisdiction of the court to hear disputes concerning it, as well as the interpretation and effect of regulations and conventions concerning the jurisdiction and enforcement of judgments.
For Further Information
Please click on the links to the left, or contact a member of the clerking team.
Recent Cases of Note
- AIB v Redler  UKSC 58
- Exsus Travel Ltd & Others v Turner  EWCA Civ
- Ribaroff v Williams  Bda LR 12
- Abouray v Sigmund  EWHC 277 (Ch)
- Good v Onsette Limited  EWHC 3447 (Ch)
- Philip Hanby Limited v Andrew Clarke  EWCA Civ 647
- SOCA v Szepietowski  UKSC 65
- HMRC v Ben Nevis (Holdings) Ltd  EWCA Civ 578
- Osonnaya v Queen Mary, University of London (2013)
- Morris Homes (West Midlands) Ltd v Keay  EWHC 932 (TCC)
- Davies v AIB Group (UK) Plc  EWHC 2178 (Ch)
- ASES Havacilik Servis Ve Destek Hizmetleri A.S. v Delkor UK Ltd  EWHC 3518 (Comm)
- Moyes & Co (UK) Ltd v Northern Gulf Petroleum Holdings Ltd  Bda LR 77
- Favor Easy Management v Wu  EWCA Civ 1464
- International Leisure Ltd v First National Trustee Co UK Ltd  EWHC 1971 (Ch)
- OFT v Ashbourne Management Services Ltd  EWHC 1237 (Ch)
- Immingham Storage Co Ltd v Clear Plc  EWCA Civ 89
- United Vending Ltd v Desai  EWHC 919 (QB)
- Wollenberg v Casinos Austria  EWHC 103 (Ch)
- Cube Lighting v Afcon Electra  EWHC 2565 (Ch)
- Dyson Technology Ltd v Curtis  EWHC 3289 (Ch)
- Shaw v Lighthousexpress Ltd  EWCA Civ 161
- Také Ltd v BSM Marketing Ltd & Anr  EWCA Civ 45
- Peekay Intermark Limited v Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd  EWCA Civ 386
- Weir v. Secretary of State for Transport (No.1)  EWHC 812 (Ch); (No.2)  EWHC 2192 (Ch)
- RWE Nukem Ltd. v AEA Technology Plc  EWCA Civ 1192
- Pearce v Elecheck (EST) Ltd  EWHC 3187, and 3044 (Ch)
- Lloyds TSB Bank plc v Hayward  EWCA Civ 466
View our Commercial Disputes brochure for further details on each case.